Friday, July 22, 2011

Girls room update & more FOR SALE items

I originally talked about how I was ready to give my girls' room a major facelift a few months ago in this post.  I have basically done nothing since then...you know, life happens. ; )  Anyway, a friend of mine a couple weeks ago told me she knew of someone wanting to get rid of a day bed and that has started the ball rolling again.  I've gotten some input from my girls and I think we finally have a plan of action!  Here is an idea of the direction we'd like to head....


Althought I loved the look of the upholstered headboard, we have taken a different direction with the day bed.  The existing bed it a cream with gold accents and pink /blue flowers...ew.  I'm thinking the bed itself is going to be getting a fresh coat of paint like this color...
gloss real orange
For a look similar to this....
via Kiki's List...she has amazing style!
I'm thinking LOTS of white bedding and orange and pink accents all over the room to tie it all in.  So excited to get started on this!  I was hoping to be able to not have to paint the walls again, and with this plan, the light pink walls will be the perfect canvas to base the rest of the room on.  I've pinned some of my other ideas for this room if you want to check them out here.  {You can message me if you need an invitation to Pinterest.}

In other news, I've put up a set of tables for sale on the 23 Design Co. Facebook page...

These were originally bedside tables but we have only used them as end tables.  They have been painted a light grey/blue and have been distressed.  I'm asking $75 for the set!  If you are local let me know, if you are interested!  Email me @ 23designco@gmail.com.

THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny Lane Designs