Friday, December 2, 2011

12 Days of Christmas : Day 1



I thought I'd do a little series called the 12 Days of Christmas to pass along some cheap and easy Christmas ideas for gifts and decorating.  Whether you are trying to spruce up your house a little or you are like me and need about a gazillion gifts to give to teachers and other special people, hopefully this series can at least inspire you to think outside the box a bit and maybe even save a buck or two.



DAY 1 : Moss ornaments 
This week I showed our Bible Study group a few Christmas-y ideas and this was one of them...probably the easiest too.  I love moss on just about anything.  Not sure if y'all remember the moss letter "o" I did earlier this year...but it has floated around my house and I still love it. 


Anyway, all this ornament takes is a ball shaped ornament. I used a big one I picked up at the Dollar Tree, but I'm sure the little version of this would be so cute too!  The moss is on sale this week at Hobby Lobby, so it was only $2.50 for a big bag (you can find it in the dried floral department).  This moss has less of a green tint than the one I used for the letter...I like it's neutrality.  Just hot glue the ball and press the moss on it.  You don't want it too thick, but definitely thick enough to cover what is under it.  This makes a HUGE mess, so either have the hand vac ready or do it outside.  This would look so cute on a foam tree or even a wreath too. 

Attach a Starbucks gift card on the ribbon or even your teacher's initial on it and there you have a quick and cheap gift that looks a whole lot more than the $1.50 that you spent on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny Lane Designs