Thursday, April 7, 2011

Exotic Flowers and breaking the law...

Catchy title, huh?  It will all make sense in a minute... : )

Just had to share some more of God's AMAZING creation.  I was really ready to have a bouquet of hydrangeas for spring in the house, but while my husband and I were on a date last weekend (LOVE date nights!), we saw this beauty and I've been in awe of it ever since....

It is a protea and it is from South Africa.  It is huge and although it doesn't exactly smell like roses, I'm still in love with it. 
Isn't it huge??
Although, I probably can't get a hold of this one whenever I want, it's still going on the favorites list.

Addison and I went on a walk {just the two of us!} last weekend and we checked out the bluebonnets down the street from us.  The first year we lived in Texas, I had the kids pick handfuls of bluebonnets for me...it wasn't till we got home, that my sweet husband kindly told me that it was illegal since it is the state flower.  I felt bad....but they were SO pretty in a vase in my kitchen! ; )




So now I just take lots of pictures in them instead of bringing them home. :) 

I am kinda new to this world of flowers and I am enjoying learning about what the different kinds are (even though my thumb is still as black as it gets..ha!) What are your favorite flowers?  I'd love to hear...maybe I can put in a request for them in the coming weeks....as long as they aren't bluebonnets. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny Lane Designs