Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Tuesday afternoon in Tuesday Morning

I don't know about y'all but I really have to be in the mood to step foot in a Tuesday Morning.  When I'm in the mood, I think it's great and there are so many treasures to be found, but when I'm not it just seems like a lot of odd stuff piled on shelves with ridiculously small aisles...almost claustrophobic feeling.  Today, I was out shopping for my daughter's birthday {Happy 8th birthday, Saylor!} and was having horrible luck so I thought I'd give it a try.  I'm not sure if it was the fact that I was kidless going in or maybe the mood was right, but I found lots of great things.
I'm still dreaming about this AMAZING sunburst mirror {reg. $350, at Tuesday Morning for $79.99}.  I'm gonna have this one on the brain for quite a while...


I thought the lines of this side table were so classic...I think it was about $100.

This would not be right for my house, because it would always have finger prints or "raspberry" marks...but it was regular over $600, down to $250 and I think it could totally make a space

Loved these mercury glass jars...priced well, starting at $15

I actually picked up one of these Waverly outdoor pillows...unfortunately, it's not going to work out in my space, but at $15 it was worth a try!  {I got the blue/orange floral one at the very top of the pic}  I love bringing outdoor fabrics in....so durable for families with little kids!

Bad pic, I know, but here's what I did come away with...this pair of pink crystal "s" earbuds and a pink iPod case....I got both for under $15!  

What do y'all think about Tuesday Morning...worth the time it takes to "treasure hunt" or a headache waiting to happen? :) I came away pretty impressed actually...I'd like to try to remember and make it a regular stop for when I'm on a hunt because I think you can find some pretty unique {and expensive} pieces for a great price!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE, LOVE Tuesday Morning...and not just on Tuesday afternoon's! LOL I shop there all the time, but I agree, that it can be hit or miss. Sometimes it's treasures and sometimes it's trash! :) If I am looking for something in particular, I will stop and see if they have it. And, of course, I just got my new Kitchen Aid stand mixer there! :)

    ReplyDelete

Penny Lane Designs