My kitchen hasn't been featured on here yet...I've done quite a bit of work in there, but nothing to write home about, but I'm so excited about the mini-transformation I did tonight. Originally, it had some precious country blue wallpaper & wainscoting to match the cabinets. All signs of the 80's have been stripped away, but it has been pretty basic tan (one of 3 tans from the same family I've used all over the house.)
Since, for right now, I'm keeping the cabinets as is, I need to keep the paint on the lighter side to not make the room feel like it's caving in on me while I'm cooking. I decided to step it up a notch, by adding some stripes using that same family of colors (lucky for me, I have extra of all those colors on hand, so this was an almost free project!)
- measured the entire wall and divided by 5...I knew I wanted large stripes which would be 3 of the original wall color and 2 to paint
- measured out all around the room and marked off with a pencil
- connected pencil lines with Frog tape
- checked and reapplied tape in a few areas...overall this method worked really well!
- took an almost dry PURDY brush and blotted all the edges with paint and then filled in (you could roll it, but I didn't feel like dirtying another thing to clean : ))
- immediately took off tape when finished
- touched up a couple areas
Hope you enjoy!