Thursday, March 17, 2011

Design by Nature

We visited some friends of my parents yesterday and I was reminded once again how things that are found in nature can add so much beauty to your home.  They showed us all these beautiful antlers they had mounted {they even had a mounted BEAR head....my kids thought it was SO cool to touch!}.  I couldn't help but think they'd look gorgeous painted simply white and mounted anywhere for a modern touch of nature. {I'm sure I just lost the "keep nature in it's original state" crowd with that}.  Here are just a few of the many ways that you can incorporate part of the amazing creation we've been blessed with in your home to enjoy.


Love the warmth this brings to this space
{www.numbertwentyone.blogspot.com}



So many elements of nature here...the tree stump table, fur on the arm of the sofa, antlers on the table behind sofa,
and the white tree column in the background {www.theartofdoingstuff.com}

Some great animal skin rugs...similar to what I feature yesterday in the mini-makeover
{www.elizabethannedesigns.com}




I'm loving this fun take on a traditional style chair
{www.thenester.com}

Feathers can inexpensively add flair
{www.thenester.com}


Saw (and gawked over) a similar lambs wool pillow I saw at a western store..loved its natural movement
{www.westelm.com}


What is your favorite way to incorporate the amazing things found in creation in your home?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing all these delightful photos!
    I love every single one of these rooms! My fav is the red and white rug with the yellow boots. So bright and fun! EA furniture really is top quality.

    -------
    Lane furniture

    ReplyDelete

Penny Lane Designs