Thursday, March 31, 2011

Top 5 : : nail polish

It's that time of year again...you know, when you have to make sure your toes look decent since they will be showcased every day by your flip-flops instead of the closed-toe shoes of winter.  I'm pretty simple in my beauty rituals, but it never ceases to amaze me how much better I feel with a little polish on my toes {and on my fingernails, if I'm lucky}.

Here are my top colors...and while I love me some OPI and Essie, I love trying out new colors from Revlon or Sally Hansen as well and have had pretty good results overall.

1)  Classic red.  I especially love wearing this with black or white clothes...it just seems to pop.  I've currently got OPI Deer Valley Spice in my collection, but I also just picked up Sally Hansen's Something New at Dollar Tree and I love it too!

2) A good fuschia.  This is what I currently have on and it seems like you just can't go wrong with this color....you can wear it with or without a tan and it can really go dressy or casual too. OPI has some great choices in this shade, but right now I've got Revlon Oh My Magenta and it is great!

3)  Light pink....like almost white.  I love this look especially when my skin has some color.  It's neutral too so it will go with just about any type of clothing.  Essie's FIJI is amazing!

4)  Coral.  Another great summer color.  I love this with turquoise jewelry.

5) Black.  I had Essie licorice on for two weeks and didn't want to take it off!  I love the edge this has, but with it's great gloss, it still can be dressed up and look great.

6)  Ok, I know I'm only suppposed to have 5, but another one of my go-to faves is a a sand taupe color...I had the perfect OPI version forever until it broke...ugh. : (  I can't remember the name, but I don't think they make it anymore after searching through their website.  Here is a great alternative...great for all seasons, outfits and occasions.

Ok, I'd love some feedback on this one....what is your favorite tried and true color? Now that my toes are showing, I think I need some new ideas! {Also, I just realized that Amazon is a great place to get nail polish...Essie and OPI both retail for about $8-$10 and all my choices where around $4 and under}

4 comments:

  1. Love your color choices. I'm a fan of OPI's fuschia called "Kinky in Hellsinky". On top of that I have zebra print for the animal in me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cajun shrimp by OPI is my all time favorite so much so that I want to wear it year round. ;).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll have to give both of those a try! Lesley...does that one have a hint of purple when it's on?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yes, it's time to get those toes out, can't wait! Will need some sand blasting done first. I love all of these, specially the fuschia.

    ReplyDelete

Penny Lane Designs