Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Taking time to smell the flowers


Since we are having a bit of a cool & dreary spell here in Texas {which I know come July, I will be begging for this weather so I am not complaining!}, it's been a great day to stay home and catch up on cleaning and my 40 day challenge for Lent.  The only problem is that sometimes when I'm in project/task mode, it's hard to see what else is going on around me.  This can be great for completing the goal of the day or the to-do list, but this morning as I was in the heat of it...I realized I needed to take time and enjoy the day at home.  My youngest two were playing SO well together, but why not take just a few minutes and enjoy them.
I think the simplicity of this week's flowers sum it up...$5 bouquet of little white flowers in antique mason jars.  Does simple beauty get much better than that?

Taking time to smell the flowers for me meant putting down the dust rag and playing a game with these two { a made-up game that happened to involve blowing into a bowl of soapy water in the middle of my freshly cleaned bathroom...deep breaths, deep breaths...}.

What does it mean for you today?  Stopping at the store on the way home to pick up some flowers to enjoy God's beauty in a simple way?  Writing a note to thank someone for the good friend they are to you?  Or maybe you are like me and you need to put aside your to-do list to make a little room for the more important things in life....whatever it is, I hope you'll find time today to enjoy it.  I did and I know at the end of the day, it will probably be the highlight of my day.

2 comments:

Penny Lane Designs