Friday, March 18, 2011

Top 5 : : Jewelry

I LOVE jewelry.  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.  I used to try to buy just the good stuff...which meant I couldn't have very much of it, but now I've learned a few little secrets that let my jewelry selection be a little more current and funky.  I think you can make such a statement with just a single piece...and it can honestly make or break an outfit.  So here goes my second edition of TOP 5...

1.  Forever 21.  Is this little secret out yet?  If you haven't been to one {I do understand that it isn't quite the comfort level of walking into LOFT}, but you need to RUN to the nearest location or just hop online.   They have the greatest selection of accessories I've seen in a while and what's even better is that you can buy your statement piece for less than the price of your latte many times.  Their prices are unbelievable!  I can't tell you how many times I've bought something here and as I shopped the rest of the mall I find similar pieces at Anthro, LOFT, etc.  And to boot...they have John 3:16 on their bags.  I think it's another good sign. : )  Here are just a couple of my current faves...
$4.80....bought a similar pair after seeing these I featured from Anthro
Love the turquoise and gold....so pretty, $12.80
I think I could work this one into the regulars, $7.80

$6.80...love this blue
At $6.80, this gives a lot of bang for your buck


2. Sam Moon/Charming Charlie.  These stores are definitely not for the faint of heart...this should translate do NOT bring your boyfriend, husband, or small children.  I can almost guarantee that you will find what you are looking  for because their selection is incredible.  You can shop Sam Moon online (selection may vary from what's in the store though) but Charming Charlie is not available for online sales.  I love these stores for some of the basics (it also helps me keep focused when I go in).  I love their light-weight gold/silver earrings for every day use.  I know they are cheap, but they've worn great for me!
I have these and wear them all the time, $3.95
Love the design of these, $6.50
Have a similar watch and ADORE it, $9.99 

3.  The past.  Whether you take this as re-examining the jewelry that your grandma gave you or hitting up a garage sale...there are so many great pieces out there waiting for new owners to wear them.  I recently inherited some gorgeous silver clip earrings that I cannot wait to have made into pierced.  Knowing that there is so much history to them, only makes them more beautiful to me.  I've also found some of my favorites second- hand...some have been revamped, but many are just ready to go as-is.
{unable to upload personal pics...will do asap}

4.  James Avery.  Classic silver jewelry.  My husband introduced this company to me before we moved south and I've always loved their quality and background.  They have a great customer service and I love doing business with them.
My husband gave me this in my birthstone...wear it daily under my Tiffany ring from my sister
I'm loving this...probably because I've  got spring fever
I love these keys on a simple chain...saw a ton of these at Tiffany's in NYC last fall

5.  My wedding ring.  You might think it's a cop-out, but it's my favorite piece of jewelry.  Mine is an antique that comes from my husband's side of the family and I adore it.  I love the looks of it and I love the meaning it will always have to me.  Definitely one of my most prized possessions.
{pic to come}

So, what does your list look like?  Similar to mine or completely different...I'd love to hear....especially if you have any more "secrets" to share with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny Lane Designs