Monday, March 21, 2011

French Country Kitchen

I wanted to show you the progress on my latest project...my friend Kristen's kitchen.  She is a girl after my own heart who likes all things pretty and wants to make it happen without breaking the bank.  Kristen loves French Country so about a month ago we made a game plan of how to turn her "cookie cutter" kitchen into something she loved!  We are not quite done, but I thought I'd share with the progress.  Here is before....
This kitchen has some good bones...brick floor, lots of cabinets, the island, lots of natural light and a nice open space.  And here's the after (for now)....
They painted the cabinets a green we'd chosen with a black trim.  Love this green...definitely makes a statement with green, but it still is warm, inviting and not too overpowering.
Obviously we haven't gotten to the walls yet...paper is coming down and paint is going up!  I also love that the counter tops don't seem so stark white anymore.
I am loving this back splash she had bought a while back...it simply went up with adhesive {ok, maybe not as simple as Lowe's made it look, but easier than re-tiling}.  She also already purchased the hardware which looks great with the back splash...it was exactly what I would've picked for her!
This butcher block island fits in perfect with the French Country look.  All Kristen's great accent pieces {her gorgeous canisters, the cutting board, and other pieces as well} look even better when put in her "new" kitchen. 
Coffee nook...all her dishes already match the new look.





Although there is still work to be done, I am SO excited about this transformation and I'm pretty sure there are some happy homeowners who are enjoying their new kitchen's new look.  Will keep y'all posted on the finished product!

8 comments:

  1. love, love it! the green is awesome b/c it's different.....not quirky different but cool different. the black trim is nice too. i just love how it all comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the green cabinets! The whole look is great. i can hardly wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shera, love looking at your blog; everything is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You sooooo much for your encouragement for me to finally get started on this fun project!!!!! Thank you for helping me select paint and for coming over yesterday to help put up the backsplash!!!!! I can't wait for the walls to be finished! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you went the green route...I think it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with the island and cuttin board which really shine in the new kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know...those were both things that were in the old kitchen and now they have a whole new life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice - looking great - can't wait to see the finished product to see what color you paint the walls.

    ReplyDelete

Penny Lane Designs