This color scheme and furniture was all over the place so I had to figure out how to unify the red carpet, blue comforter, the neutrals, and the bits of green as well. After about only an hour of work, here is the finished product....
So, what was done?
- The bed was moved from the wall facing the window, to the wall opposite the closet. This makes the room feel twice as big since the bed was breaking the room in half. Also, since I didn't have a headboard, it lets the artwork that was already hung stand in place of a head board.
- I scrounged up another bedside table (the one on the left was actually in the before pics as a kids table, shown with kids chairs) which added symmetry to the space. Both tables had a hodge-podge of stuff on them so I added specific decor to help them look purposeful.
- The Queen Anne desk (which as soon as I find a way to get home is mine....and painted : )) was moved to the long wall where the bed was. This helps break up the long wall with nothing on it. It's not too often you see a desk like this paired with a cowhide rug....but I think it's unexpectedness is perfect.
- My mom and I went through her framed pictures yesterday. When they moved from their large 5 bedroom house that I grew up in to this smaller and more open home in Colorado, there wasn't near the wall-space she had to display pics. So, she figured out what she wanted to use and I tried to display many of them in here. I used the shelves on the Queen Anne desk, the bedside tables, and the other desk.
- I took the Australian sheep-skin from the piano bench in their living room and used it do help hide the green of the chair. I LOVE this look....this adds an element of fun to the room which it really needed.
- The new furniture arrangement also helps display gorgeous Brazilian cowhide rug. Being a home in the mountains, all these elements of nature are a perfect addition to the picture-perfect view of the mountains right through the window.
- Shopped the house for some extra accessories....pillows for the bed, blankets, etc.
- Those gorgeous yellow flowers add such a pop, don't they? I told you about the grocery store secret a couple weeks ago, and here is a perfect example of it.
My "client" was thrilled with the results...what do you think?
Well, now that my work is done, it's time to get back to this...